Teaching is one of the most difficult professions that exists. Having taught full-time for 18 years, I am very aware of the many challenges that teachers face. Based upon my experience, here are some ideas regarding who to teach the subject matter each day.
Here are 5 important things that all teachers should consider during their careers:
1. Children should not be intentionally humiliated, hurt, or embarrassed .
2. It is your job is to teach until a student learns.
3. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes. Be willing to say "I'm sorry" and students will learn the same.
4. Encourage every child to do his or her best, and never be afraid of a challenge.
5. Modeling is the most powerful way to affect a child’s learning.
Childhood is a treasured time in everyone's life that should not be taken for granted. Its delights can be endless. Due to changes in society, the current generation of children are having to grow up much faster than their parents had to. Do some of the following activities with your 6-12 year old to maximize that wonderful part of their lives where they are ripe with wonder and imagination. Remember it is never to late to enjoy these activities at ANY age!