With the support of parents and teachers, kids can learn strategies to cope with fluency issues that affect his or her reading. Below are some tips and specific strategies to implement.
What students can do to help themselves
1. Track the words with your finger as a parent or teacher reads a passage aloud. Then you read it.
2. Have a parent or teacher read aloud to you then match your voice to theirs.
3. Read your favorite books and poems over and over. Practice getting smoother and reading with expression.
What parents can do to help at home
1. Support and encourage your child. Realize that he or she is likely frustrated by reading.
2. Check with your child's teachers to find out their assessment of your child's word decoding skills. If your child can decode words well, help him or her build speed and accuracy by:
Leave a Reply.